From russia with love...


Went out last night to see a movie director/artist friend of mine , and we spent the all night going over movie scripts and art designs. I envy Ivan alot , he makes probably twice of what i make and does all his work from the basement of his house .
With Jazz music playing upstairs , we were busy talking about the CAN film festival competition and what we were submitting for the competition.
I asked him about my project and he started complaining about what delayed him to complete my project..

[Ivan] Doyin meen.. i cant focus , too many distractions
[Doyin] What do you mean you cant focus, i have paid you the balance , i need this stuff ASAP.
[Ivan] my russian girlfriend left me , so i cant focus
[Doyin] What did you do ?
[Ivan] I did not do anything , her ex boyfriend called .... and she told me he wanted to go see him , cos he can do something drastic to himself

[doyin] so what you are telling me is that she went back to her old boyfriend.
[Ivan] Yes she did.. am miserable .. i just cant think right

I was saying a couple of things in my mind , so you have not finished my work bcos of a russian girl.

[doyin] Ivan .. you are a talented guy , leave all these ladies alone and stay focused. By the way .. why are you not married
[Ivan] that is another story.. i was happily married for 8 years.. it was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

[doyin] so what happened
[Ivan] she started working after staying at home for 6 years.. and came back a week later to tell me she wanted freedom

[doyin] freedom from what..
[Ivan] that is one question i dont understand ...i just dont understand them again
[Ivan] she has put in the divorce papers and we are going through the divorce proceedings.
[doyin] have you tried talk her out of it...
[Ivan] i have tried ..called her mum and dad but she has made up her mind. she wants out.
[doyin] any kids..
[Ivan] we have 2 kids
[doyin] well i dont encourage you to leave your wife ..you guys are tied for life..since you have 2 kids.. there would always be graduations , marriages , events that would tie you guys togehter...

[Ivan] do i sound russian to you.. i said she is the one leaving me. She put in the divorce papers and after 2 years .. what do you expect me to do.
[Ivan] she left me like a piece of wood in this house.. it is lonely.. very lonely. That was why i found a new girlfriend who is now misbehaving. I took her to france for valentines day.. It was a memorable moment . But why she is treating me this way..i just dont understand.

[doyin] really... you took her to france ..
I now recall why this guy was hammering on me for pay up the balance for my project. He wanted to use my money for "love in tokyo"


[Ivan] i show them love.. but i just dont understand..


At this juncture.. i knew i was in trouble .. for this guy to finish my project he would have to find love.

[doyin] Ivan.. just focus on your projects.. they would come back.. your wife i mean.

I left Ivan house and decided to call our mutual friend florence. She introduced me to him in the first place .

[Florence] Hey "doing" what is going on
[Doyin] Florence am fine , staying away from trouble... I think you should talk to Ivan ...he seems to have broken up with his russian friend
[Florence] That serves him right ... there are so many georgian nice girls around.. he has refused to ask them out. He thinks he is a superstar .. Let the russian girls deal with him.

[Doyin] Are you sure ... you dont want to talk him out of the drinking and worries..
[Florence] "Doing" ..he never listens ... give him another month.. he is out there looking for another russian girl

Well i politely ended the conversation with florence . Afterall wetin concern me with the trouble.. am just a selfish minded business man trying to get some of my work completed on time. While driving back i just kept on pondering on some phrases...

" A lot are trying to get in
Some are excited about it
And a few are just looking for an escape route from it ..."
Relationships and marriage just remains a puzzle to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH, THE FUTURE (TECHNOLOGY AND ENTERTAINMENT)

DIASPORA CRIES - PASSPORT/VISA WOES

Nigeria a@50 - Day 27 : I LOVE HOME