SOME MOTHERS DO HAVE THEM


I still try to recall how and where i met this tall intimidating guy .His voice sounded more like a revolving rocket that can make an lily hearted person run for cover.
It all started one of those early morning sunday services ,
Pastor Oye was busy preaching his sermon , "YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE" . The usher , seated two couples right behind me , one tall guy and this average height lady.
I just pondered in my mind ,what a lovely couple . A tall handsome man and a beautiful lady with her darting black eyes.
My mind was already pondering and imagining things , this is a perfect scenario from the "Mills and Boons love series" , i called my brains back to order "Doyin , listen to the message ".
The couples were just whispering right behind me , i was a bit upset but kept my composure and pretended as if they were not bothering me. Service ended and i exchanged numbers with the guy and also realized the lady was his cousin.
That was how i met Segun. Segun is just different from most other friends i have had in a while . He gets on nerves ,yabs me , bullies me to church but takes an extra mile to help out in days of need.
I can still recall the airport drive incidence. Segun was suppose to drop me off at the airport .
On our drive down to the airport , we started our discussions

[Segun] Doyin how your wife
[Me]: i dont have a wife , am married to Jesus
[Segun]: Shut up for mouth there . Am referring to that girl
[Me] We are just friends jare , nothing serious
[Segun] Friends ko , friends ni .. are you going to marry your enemy .
[Me] Anyway , if you are talking about shade, she is fine..
[Segun] I just don't understand how 2 people would like each other and still be delaying the day we are going to come and eat rice. Hurry up , me i want chop rice.
[Me] Abegi drive this car , i go buy you Chinese rice for airport .Hurry up.. dont make me miss my flight.
[Me] Segun na police car be that slow down o .. i no go pay for ticket . Slow down

While slowing down , my phone rang . It was shade on the phone

[Shade]: hey , how are you
[Me]: Am fine

Segun was busy smiling at me , knowing that my voice sounded different and i was talking to a lady

[Shade]: Do you know that i heard all what you guys said on the phone
[Me]: Heard what

my friends have always told me to buy a new tooch phone , but i just wont listen. I guess i don't need a prophet to tell me to change it now.

[Shade]: I heard all the stories about what you guys said about me..
[Me] : what part did you hear

my mind was busy pondering , trying to retrace all what i said. If i had not used any inappropriate words .

[Shade] Dont worry about what i heard. just called to wish you safe journey. Take care
[Me] take care

I was glued to my seat , trying to recall what i had said all through the drive. I just could not place it.

[Me]: Do you know that she heard all what we said
[Segun] Really... na your fault , i don't know why a rich man like you would be using that kind of phone.
[Me] Shut up .. in short ..drive jare...

I look back at these incidence , and all i can do is smile...

To the guy who ran away from Iraq due to the increase in insurgence
To a friend who always picks the call , even in times when you are asking for money..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY .. may God continue to reward and guide your ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH, THE FUTURE (TECHNOLOGY AND ENTERTAINMENT)

DIASPORA CRIES - PASSPORT/VISA WOES

Nigeria a@50 - Day 27 : I LOVE HOME